For those of you who are wondering what molds are, can you recall the stubborn black spots you might have seen during rains on a damp wall or your carpet? Those black spots, which sometimes even possess a musty smell, are nothing but molds. Molds are fungi which grow in wet and moist places. Most common places where you can find them are damp walls, carpets, drywall, and inside the shower. Every house has a mold infestation, so if you think you have escaped them for real, then you cannot be more wrong.
So, what happens when you come in direct contact with these molds? You must want to know that these molds release tiny spores in the air, which may cause various allergies. The allergies can be as simple as a rash or something as serious as some respiratory condition.
The following are some of the symptoms of black mold exposure which you should be aware of:
- Chronic cough
- Sneezing attack
- Watery eyes
- Skin rashes
- Worsening of asthma condition in patients with asthma
How to treat mold exposure naturally?
- Control the moisture level in your house.
- Use an air purifier to make the air spore free.
- Avoid food items like sugar, milk, bread, and alcohol as both sugar and yeast are favorable for the growth of mold.
- Include ginger, garlic, and other food items known for their antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- If you feel that the natural remedies are not helping your condition, stop using them immediately and consult an allergist.
Mold removal at home:
If the mold infestation is small, the mold removal can be done using regular house cleaning products. For going about with the mold removal by yourself, you must wear fully covered clothes, gloves, safety glasses, and use face respirators. Before you start cleaning, cover the household items with plastic sheeting. You will also need some bleach, good cleaning products, vacuum cleaner, and a utility knife to scrape out the mold and clean up.
But if it has spread on a big scale, it is better to seek the help of mold professionals for a proper mold removal.
How can you prevent mold infestation?
Though you cannot completely get rid of the molds at your house, you can make sure that you aren’t giving them a favorable environment to grow in. These are some of the things you can do to prevent the mold growth:
• Call a plumber and get all the leakage issues solves. Make sure that the walls of your house are clean and dry.
• If you think that the weather is too humid, use a humidifier to make sure that the moisture level in your house is under control.
• Use an air purifier to keep the air inside your house fresh.
• Keep your house well ventilated to ensure that the indoor air is of high quality.
Remember that it is best to get rid of the molds, as soon as you spot one. Because if you allow it to grow, it can cause some serious health issues.