One of the widely accepted and effective machines among home exercise equipment is a treadmill, which consistently provides a straightforward, efficient aerobic workout regularly. Treadmills are typically a good choice to begin a new exercise routine because walking is well tolerated by most of the users regardless of their current fitness level and also helps for most back conditions. As strength and endurance gradually improve, the treadmill can be used for jogging and/or for interval training.
Advantages to Using Treadmill
- Treadmill is relatively easier exercise equipment to use
- It has got a predictable surface that is much negotiated than the sidewalks, curbs or trails and there is no risk of tripping.
- Aspects of your workout can be controlled: warm up period, incline, speed, cool down period, and also the energy spend
- Users can design custom programs that fit the time they have for their exercise
- Without adjusting its structure, multiple users can make use of the same equipment
- Some treadmills come with special features like step counters and heart rate monitors
- Treadmill run burns calories effectively than other similar in-home exercises
- Running or walking on a treadmill tones and strengthens your calves, buttocks and quadriceps muscles. Incline feature will tone your leg muscles even more.
- As moderate-intensity exercise equipment, a treadmill will be perfect to keep your joints much flexible. Since you’re walking or running on a treadmill not on hard pavement, you will necessarily reduce the impact on joints and knees. If you have arthritis, treadmills are excellent to keep the joints loose and effectively relieve from unwanted pain.
- Treadmills offer a much more convenient solution to make sure that you get the right amount of exercise that you necessarily need to stay fit and healthy. With the proper use of this one piece of equipment, you and your family members can exercise at the convenient time, right in the comfort of your home. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to lose body weight, improve your heart health or build muscle, the treadmill is a great piece of conventional workout equipment to invest in. It is convenient, easy to use and helps you track your progress.