From locks to cameras, speakers to switches, there are numerous options for smart home appliances that help to make life more convenient and comfortable. The best smart home appliances allow you to control everything, be it the front door lock or the bedroom lights. And all this can be simply done using devices such as a smartphone or tablet. So, whether you’re looking for an uncomplicated smart lighting solution or trying to create a technological ecosystem for your entire home, you can find intelligent devices for almost everything.
If you are unacquainted with the smart home appliance technology, then read further to know about the most popular intelligent products that you can buy for your home.
- Curb Energy Monitoring Device An instant money saver, this smart home appliance provides real-time information related to energy consumption of the entire house.
- Ecobee 3 Smart Thermostat Usually installed in the hallway, Ecobee 3 Smart Thermostat controls the temperature of the room that you are using which makes it quite a money saver.
- Sonos Wireless Speaker system Normally fixed in the living room, bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms, and rooftop deck, this wireless smart home appliance is a must for all the music lovers. It is pretty immersive and plays anything anywhere.
- Philips Hue Smart Light Bulbs Easily installable throughout the house, these smart light bulbs change colors to mimic sunrises and sunsets. Its creativity doesn’t compromise on electricity, which makes it quite energy efficient.
- Amazon Echo Installed usually in the kitchen, this intelligent home appliance facilitates voice communication and provides updates on the weather or traffic. It can also play podcasts, audiobooks and help you in devising to-do lists. It can also be used as a home automation hub for guiding other smart devices.
- Smart Things System Usually installed in a closet underneath the stairs, this smart home appliance is known for its true systemic automation and can be customized as per your rules. For instance, you can have a sensor installed for your washing machine, and it can alarm you about any leakage or damage.
- Belkin WeMo Switch A WiFi connected home appliance, Belkin WeMo Switch is placed to control the humidifier in your children’s bedroom.
- Lutron Dimmer Light Switches Installed in the entrance hallway and dining room, these light switches set the mood for the evening. It can dim bright lights and can also regulate the outdoor lights.
- Jawbone UP3 Fitness Band A perfect wristband for a homeowner, this smart gadget helps in integrating all the smart devices and acts as your personal assistant. For instance, on a lazy day, as soon as you wake up, the light downstairs will automatically turn on, and the coffee-maker will start preparing the beverage.
- Kwikset Z-Wave Locks Fixed on the on the entrance of the home, it lets you keep a tab on whether your door is open or closed. You can do from anywhere by just using the app on your smartphone.