Be it a brick-and-mortar store, an online business or a large enterprise, you need to constantly work on promoting your business to give it a competitive edge. Some businesses like grocery stores launch new products quite frequently. This requires even a more focused approach to promotional activities to maximize its sales and generate the target revenue through it.
If you run an online grocery store, you need effective ways to retain your existing customers and target new ones.
Here are some simple but effective ways to promote your online grocery business.
• Count on discounts to attract new customers and keep the existing ones happy. Not only offer holiday deals but ensure monthly discounts on few categories to retain your regular customers. Offer your customers promotional codes to lower their bill amounts. Promote these discounts not only on your website but also on your social media channels.
• Use your social channels to promote your products on offer. Share news about every new launch. Build it up with some advance notice so that it creates a buzz. For instance, you plan to sell organic bread in your grocery store. You can begin the promotions for the same with the big announcement and then regularly post pictures and relevant information about the product line until the launch. You can keep the momentum going after the launch by regular posts every week on the bread.
• Another excellent way to promote your online grocery store is through contests. You can offer a great prize to the winner such as a new line of cookies or chocolates. The promotional contests can be simple such as asking your customers to post about the giveaway on their social pages or enter their names and e-mails to qualify for the promotion. Contests are a great way to promote new products, drive traffic to your website and offer something extra to your existing customers.
• There is no reason why you shouldn’t promote your online grocery business at farmers’ market, local fairs and trade shows. This is particularly relevant if you sell gourmet food items and other specialty products in your online grocery store. You can ask your vendors for samples or promotional packs and use them to attract new customers to your business. You can also offer promotional reusable grocery bags with your company website and logo printed on it.
• If you run a grocery store at a physical location in addition to your online business, it can be an excellent avenue for your promotional work. You can place a sign on the checkout counter with information on your website and offers. If you offer discount coupons in your physical store, also make the same available to your online customers. Even if you don’t sell gourmet products at your brick-and-mortar store, you can keep samples of new food products for your customers so that they can be motivated to buy them from your online grocery store.