Apple, the mammoth company in the smartphones and electronics market, has released eleven generations of iPhone models. Each release came with a new version of iPhone iOS operating system. In 2015, Apple introduced the iPhone 6S. This phone incorporated hardware upgrades and ensured to check for the pressure-sensitive touch inputs. This model was also termed as a special edition phone. The iPhone is a popular phone in the market. Apple has made around 2.3 million applications available for iPhones through their app store. This tech giant boasts of selling around 1.2 billion iPhones worldwide.
iPhone 6S Plus
iPhone 6S Plus was introduced in the market in the year 2015. The body is made of aluminum and available in rose gold, gold, silver, space grey colors. The phone network technology is GSM/CDMA/HSPA/EVDO/LTE. It sports a 5.5-inch ion-strengthened glass screen, having a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The aspect ratio is 16:9. It has an LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive 3D touchscreen. The weight of the iPhone 6S Plus is around 192 grams. It is suitable for nano-SIM only.
The other technical aspects of iPhone 6S Plus include the following:
– Platform: iOS 9 upgradable to iOS 11.2, Apple A9 Chipset, 2-core 1.84 GHz CPU
– Internal memory: 16/32/64/128GB; the RAM is 2GB
– Camera: 12MP primary and 5MP secondary cameras with dual LED dual-tone true-tone flash and lot of features; this phone also boasts of HD video recording features
– USB: 2.0
– Sound: This phone has a loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack, and vibration alert
– Bluetooth: Version 4.2
– Battery: Li-ion 2750 mAh battery of non-removable type with a standby time of up to 384 hours, talk time of up to 24 hours, music play of up to 80 hours
– WLAN: Wi-Fi, hotspot
– Sensors: Fingerprint and other standard features
– GPS: Yes
– Messaging: iMessage, SMS, e-mail is also there
– Browser: HTML5 with language commands, iCloud service, MP3/WAV/Apple player
Camera features of the iPhone 6S Plus
The 12MP primary camera has f/2.2 aperture 5 element lens and autofocus with focus pixels. Optical image stabilization is there. It has 5x digital zoom. Auto HDR for photos with exposure control is present in the camera section. It has burst mode and timer mode along with IR filter. Backside illumination sensor and local tone mapping features also come with the camera. The camera is of excellent quality.
The secondary 5MP camera comes with retina flash and 720p HD video recording. iPhone 6S Plus also has burst mode and timer mode.
Video recording features of the iPhone 6S Plus
The iPhone 6S Plus has excellent video recording specifications. At 30 fps, 4K, 1080p HD, and 720p HD video recording is possible. Slow motion video support and time-lapse video recording with stabilization are there. While recording 4K videos, it is possible to take 8-megapixel still photos. iPhone 6S Plus model only has optical image stabilization for video. The phone has continuous autofocus video, playback zoom, 3x digital zoom. Apple integrated face detection and video geotagging are there in the video section.
Special features of the iPhone 6S Plus
A unique feature of iPhone 6S Plus is Siri. With Siri, you can send messages, set reminders, and do much more with your voice. With Siri, you are able to listen to and identify songs. Another good feature is that you can video call over Wi-Fi and also do audio calling. 3D touch feature to leaf through apps is another unique feature of iPhone 6S Plus.
Online services offered by Apple
Apple offers a host of online services accessible by iPhone users as follows:
– iTunes Store
– App store
– Apple music
Drawbacks of the iPhone 6S Plus
This grandeur smartphone is not without cons. The cons are as follows:
– FM radio absent
– Single SIM whereas dual SIM is common for other smartphones
– Aluminum body not anodized
– Screen to body ratio of 68% is lower than other mobiles