If you happen to be one of those men who have sensitive skin, there are some precautions that you ought to take with regard to skin care. Sensitive skin becomes irritated even at the slightest trigger and, so, it becomes imperative that you use the right products that will not harm your skin in any manner. Be it shaving products for men or a moisturizer that you want to use, ensure that they will suit your skin perfectly.
Given below are some important guidelines that will help you choose the right products for sensitive skin
• Ensure you read skin care labels thoroughly: Make sure you read labels carefully before you get any kind of skin care product. They should be free of any kind of alcohol, fragrances or dyes as they can irritate sensitive skin.
• Overuse of these products can be harmful: Although everyone looks forward to speedy results, never commit the mistake of overusing skin care products especially if you have sensitive skin. Never use body or face scrubs more than thrice a week. Also make sure you stop its application immediately if your skin becomes irritated or starts feeling itchy.
• Do not use products that lather too much: Products that foam excessively contain irritant products like detergents that can wreak havoc on sensitive skin. The best option is to go in for shaving products for men that have less foam, like a shaving gel, to be on the safe side.
• Do not get too much sun exposure: Since sensitive skin is highly prone to dryness, exposure to sunlight can worsen matters. So, ensure you do not step out into too much sun or if inevitable apply an SPF 30 sunscreen lotion that will protect your sensitive skin.
• Use only gentle after shave lotions: Shaven skin is very sensitive and if you want to minimize shaving related issues, ensure you use an after shave that contains ingredients that will help to soothe the skin like aloe and witch hazel.
• Go for deodorants that are fragrant free: Most deodorants contain traces of aluminum and alcohol that can harm sensitive skin very badly. So the ideal move would be purchasing deodorants that are free of perfume or any kind of scent.
• Avoid use of excessive hot water: People with sensitive skin should avoid extremely hot showers as they tend to make skin dry and flaky. So always go for lukewarm or cold water while having a shower.