People with thin hair are always conscious about their hair style. Choosing a perfect haircut is not that tough if you understand the texture and shape of your face. With some time and research, you can easily find best haircuts for thin hair. Choosing the right hairstyle can be time-consuming if don’t know where to look. Many websites and software are available which offer their assistance for you to decide on the haircut.
Understanding face and hair type
Before deciding on the haircut, you should definitely get an idea of your face shape and hair type.
The hair texture falls into three categories based on the thickness of the hair. But if you have fine hair and it is generally very thin, then your hair needs extra care and protection from getting damaged.
After understanding your hair type, you should understand the shape of your face to decide the best haircut. If yours happens to be in the thin hair category, then this is where you will find the solution. Face shape can be categorized into 7 types.
- Oval face: Length of the face is half of its width.
- Round face- Length and width are equal.
- Heart shaped- Oval faces with a tapered chin.
- Square shaped- Round faces with squared jawline.
- Diamond shaped- Most wide face type with equal forehead and jawline.
Deciding the best haircut for thin hair
Now that you know the type of your hair and the shape of your face, all you need to do is to find the perfect haircut. You need to find a haircut that would complement both your features and your personality. There are many stylists who are using different techniques to match the haircut to your face.
- Photoshop: This software places different haircuts on your face to find the best possible match. Through this, you can visually see and decide if the haircut is the right one got you.
- Pseudo haircut: Measuring the match online by using pseudo haircut technique is another popular trend. You can get the stylist to show you how the outcome will look before making the changes. If you don’t want to go for that, you could simply browse and explore how a particular haircut would look on your face.
The best haircuts for thin hair
Every person’s face is different from others. The shape and type of hair are unique and cannot be replicated. Similarly, every haircut varies with the individual who is sporting it. However, the decision of choosing the best suitable haircut is solely yours to make. Here is a list of the 5 best haircut styles for thin hair.
- Bouffant: It is styled to make the front part of the hair appear puffy and elevated. This is done in the middle part of the head. It will make your hair look voluminous.
- Small braid: A flat braid with a small section pulled out is sure to make you look trendy and stylish. It is also a very comfortable style and can be sported through all the seasons.
- The half bun: A small bun with the quarter of your hair and rest is left open. This is one of the most popular hairstyles in recent times.
- Wrapped ponytail: Make a small ponytail and wrap it with a little of your hair. This look is perfect for any occasion.
- The full bun: There is no better hairstyle for the summer than this one. Take all the hair, make a full bun at the top of the head and fasten it with a clip or a band.