If you happen to be one of those lucky people who own some treasured pieces of Pfaltzgraff tableware, you can be proud that you own a real treasure that will last for generations. However, all this depends on the way you handle your precious dinnerware. Pfaltzgraff is one of the most well-known and renowned tableware brands across the globe famous for its stunning variety of shapes and designs and durability too.
Given below are some important do’s and don’ts that you need to follow if you want your treasured Pfaltzgraff tableware to last for more than a year down the lane.
– Remember the important point that you should never ever leave your dinnerware to soak in a sink that is filled with water. Pfaltzgraff is pottery ware and most pieces do not have the glazed finish at its footing which will help to retain temperature evenly. This implies that soaking in water will weaken its strength and durability.
– The best means of washing is cleaning by hand although they say that Pfaltzgraff is dishwasher safe.
– Don’t ever use a scouring pad to wash your Pfaltzgraff as this will wear down that glazy finish. The best option is Teflon.
– Do not expose your dinnerware to weather extremes like bright sunlight for an entire day or even freezing a dish for a whole day.
– Avert over-stacking your precious Pfaltzgraff as too much piling can trigger hairline cracks to develop in the dinnerware. So, avoid stacking more than 6 or 8 pieces together to avert such unwanted issues from occurring.
– Do not subject your dinnerware to sudden alterations in temperature like placing a dish which has been just removed from the oven onto a cold counter top. It is advised to place these hot dishes onto a wooden board as wood is excellent to absorb all the heat and help to normalize the temperature quickly.
– Do not try bleaching your Pfaltzgraff dinnerware as it has been found that bleaching this tableware will only alter the properties of clay as time goes by. There are some good nonabrasive cleaners that can be availed for the same which will not harm your dinnerware in any manner.
These above mentioned simple do’s and don’ts are guaranteed to ensure that your treasured tableware will last you for years without even loosing its glaze or shine making it look as good as new each time they adorn your dinner table.