The tonneau cover or truck bed cover is an essential component that is widely used for protecting gear and tools that you put in the back of the rig. The cover helps to enhance the aerodynamic design of the rig.
How to Make the Cover Long Lasting?
If you are contemplating on making the newly bought Gator Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover, TruXport Tonneau Cover or RetraxPRO MX Tonneau Cover super long-lasting, then you should follow certain rules.
- When you are traveling, you should ensure that the tonneau cover is sealed and latched.
- The bed cover is required to be kept lightweight. Additionally, when you are tapping on the cover vinyl, it needs to sound like a drum.
- You can keep the cover closed when it is not serving any purpose. Furthermore, you need to seal the edges of the cover entirely with the help of loop and hook following the sealing system.
- At the time of traveling, regardless of its position of being open or rolled up, the driver must abstain from permitting cargo for rubbing.
- To save the cover from the damage of UV rays, the cover is needed to be treated with UV protectant and vinyl cleaner.
- The truck bed cover should not remain in the rolled up position for a long period.
For every object regardless of what purpose it serves, the owner must be aware f the safety information about it.
- You must not use the truck bed cover to tie the cargo down.
- The dual latching system is required to be checked every now and then in order to make sure that the latches are working well engaging the side rails.
- You should use caution when it is too windy to operate the cover. In addition to the content, you can seal the edges for making the cover secure.
- The valuable objects must not be left in the open cover this calls for high risks of theft.
- Nobody should ride or sit on the cover.
- The cargo is required to be secured so that it cannot lead to other damages quickly.
- If you take your pets out for traveling, you can leave them in an open cover. However, they must not be permitted to occupy the truck box when the truck bed cover is closed.
- The bed cover does not have the power to remove dust and moisture from going inside the box. You can use the special packaging or wrapping of the objects as per the needs.
- You should not keep putting the things against the framework of the bed cover. In addition, nothing should be left on the cover either.
- At the time of towing the motor vehicle backward, the bed cover should be fully open but rolled. Additionally, the safety straps must be used to secure it completely.
Cleaning, Inspection, and Maintenance
After installing the truck cover, it is required to be maintained and cleaned periodically to make sure that it remains in mint condition. When it comes to the cleaning of a tonneau cover, you should not fret as it is an easy task to execute. However, you can consult the dealer to get the professional tips and start cleaning following the instructions.
- At first, you should find a shaded place to spray the cover with water. Then you can make the cleaning solution when it is left for soaking.
- Mix the half cup of car cleaning solution with warm water into a bucket.
- Scrub the cover with the help of a scrub brush and scrub well from sides to the center. After scrubbing, rinse the tonneau cover with water and let it dry.
- You can run inspection periodically to make sure that the parts are in good condition.
- If you find out that the latches are damages, you can consult the manufacturer to replace it.
- You can call the customer care service in case if you need assistance while running the inspection.