Have you been discovering that light brown dots appear on your face and hands and neck as you age? Do not panic as they are commonly known as age spots and are triggered by exposure to the sun over the years. They are more prevalent in fair complexioned people and those who spend vacations acquiring a tan. These spots can be corrected with natural products that have been proven to be effective for the same.
Although there is a wide range of medical and OTC beauty products that will help to get rid of these unwanted spots that make you look aged, it is wiser to opt for natural products that have no adverse effects and works wonders at the same time. Let us have a look at some of the most effective natural remedies that combat age spots effectively.
• Butter milk: Butter milk contains commendable quantities of lactic acid that is known to work effectively to rejuvenate and restore skin by getting rid of age spots and presenting your complexion with a youthful glow. All that you need to do is dip a cotton ball in some butter milk and apply this onto the areas that have age spots for around quarter of an hour. Repeating this process daily will surely help to erase those age spots that have been marring your complexion.
• Lime: This is yet another effective natural cure for ageing spots as it contains citric acid that is known to effectively remove dead skin and also impart a fresh look. However make sure you do not step into the sun after its application as this will work adversely darkening those spots. Repeating this process twice a day will yield faster results.
• Onions: With commendable traces of sulfur compounds that work as an effective antiseptic, this is found to be a miraculous remedy for getting rid of these age spots. Ensure your rub a piece of onion over these spots at least thrice a day for effective results.
• Papaya: Loaded with alpha hydroxy acids and other enzymes that are ideal for exfoliation of skin, this is another good pick if you want to erase those tell-tale age spots naturally. Apart from lightening these spots, your skin is sure to start glowing with regular application of a piece of raw papaya over these spots.
• Aloe Vera: The medicinal properties of Aloe Vera are well known to all. This works wonders for rectifying these spots. It also moisturizes and hydrates your skin too.