Are you a lover of fried food and worried about its effects on your health? Fried food tastes good, yet they come with a package of harmful effects on various systems of the body. However, with the help of air fryers, we can enjoy our favorite fried food, without worrying about health issues.
Air fryer is a contemporary kitchen appliance that produces tasty and crispy food with a very minimal quantity of oil,one teaspoon or lesser. It cooks food by circulating super-heated air around the food. This circulation of hot air is done by a mechanical fan incorporated in it.
Air fryers are multi-functional. They can boil, grill, roast, bake and more. Thus, air fryers can be used for cooking various food, from chickens to cupcakes and muffins.
Benefits of air fryers
A few benefits of cooking in an air fryer include the following:
- Food tastes great and crispy.
- It uses 80% less oil when compared to other deep fries.
- Food can be cooked quickly in the healthiest way.
- The appliance is user-friendly.
- Burn accidents, sticky cooking areas, and greasy food can be eliminated.
- It can be used to cook a wide variety of recipes like potato chips, chicken, pastries, cupcakes, muffins, and fish.
Things to consider while buying an air fryer
Air fryers are undoubtedly the best for people on diet, foodies, people with diabetes and other cardiovascular problems. Hence it is essential to acknowledge a few points to consider while buying a quality air fryer.
1. Size: While selecting the size of an air fryer, consider the size of your kitchen. It is necessary that it fits on the counter top. If your kitchen is small in size, it is advisable to go with a medium or small air fryer.
2. Capacity: A conventional air fryer can hold from 1.8 to 2.5 pounds of food during a single loading. If you are cooking a full chicken or larger pieces of beef or pork, you would need a larger air fryer with more capacity. Overload can lead to improper cooking.
3. User settings: User settings are those that can make a device user-friendly. A typical air fryer has a maximum temperature of 200 – 392 degrees C. Certain air fryers allow changing the temperature manually. They may also have timer settings (analog or digital). These features enable us to modify the temperature and cooking time according to the food and our desire.
4. Weight: Opt for lightweight appliance as handling will be easier.
5. Price: Air fryers are not expensive compared to other kitchen appliances. They are highly economical and user-friendly.
6. Warranty: Check if the air fryer comes with a warranty and other additional services.
7. Brand: Brand is a crucial feature considered while buying any appliance. The brand should be well-known, trustworthy and should have a good reputation.
8. Other features: Air fryers come in a wide range of colors. One can choose any desired color according to their tastes and kitchen background. Generally, air fryers come with baskets and pans as their dedicated cooking accessories.
Consider the mentioned points while buying an air fryer and indulge in fried food without worrying about health issues!