Keep your home warm and cozy during the chilly winter season with a fireplace. Whether it is a blizzard, snow or rain, keeping the home warm and safe is your topmost priority in the winter and a fireplace can help you in creating the perfect temperature.
Fireplaces may seem responsible for accidents and injuries, but in fact, it is not the fireplace that is responsible for the accident, but it is the negligence on the part of users. Alternatives like portable space heaters and kerosene heater are also dangerous, but that does not mean that one will stop using them. Rather, learn about the safety tips, the do’s and don’ts of using a fireplace and stay away from danger.
Maintaining your fireplace
The only way to enjoy a fireplace properly is to take care of it regularly. They are not hard to maintain, but with a little care, one can enjoy safe and cozy heat during spine-chilling winters.
Don’t let the ashes of wood burning fire pit create a mess in your yard. Remove it regularly and keep the fire pit clean for the next use. Covers for firepits and fireplaces will also protect you.
Some easy fire safety tips
Here we are sharing some more outdoor fireplace safety tips to protect you and your family from accidents. One cannot deny the chances of fire accidents while using a fireplace, so better keep sand or an extinguisher handy. While leaving the fireplace, make sure that the fire is completely out. Never put a fireplace near any tree or bushes or wooden surfaces as it might cause unintentional accidents. If you have young children or pets, then consider their safety as well.
- Call the experts for chimney inspection annually. Ensure that it is neither blocked nor coated with creosote. Always check the chimney for cracks as well.
- Empty hot ashes only in a fire resistant container and store it safely to avoid any accident.
- Never use gasoline or lighter fluid to start a fire in a fireplace.
- Remove fireplace damper before starting a fire. This will allow smoke and harmful gas to find an escape.
- Use a fireplace screen to avoid sparks and hot embers from popping out.
Just remember all these simple but useful tips and enjoy the warmth of a fireplace without any fear. Explore the fireplace alternatives online, learn how they can help you in keeping your home warm and cozy and choose the right one for indoor or outdoor purposes.