Cleaning a bathroom is not a fun task, but definitely a necessary one. Also, most people clean their own bathrooms as hiring a cleaning person can be expensive. But if you clean your bathroom on a regular basis, you can make the chore less overwhelming. For this, all you need are basic bathroom cleaning products and a bit of your time.
Here some effective tips to clean your bathroom.
• The bathroom sink can do with daily cleaning action. Before spraying the sink with a cleaning solution, remove all hair and dry waste material from it, otherwise overtime, these can clog your drain. Use any mild bathroom cleaner to clean the sink surface. Spray it all around the wet sink and rub it down with a scrub. Make sure your cleaning solution is compatible with the sink material. What may work for ceramic sinks might damage metal ones. So, buy all bathroom cleaning products after carefully reading the labels for ingredients and usage.
• Use a glass cleaner to wipe mirrors and shower glass doors. Use a lint-free soft cloth for wiping the glass surfaces.
• Usually, you don’t need a cleaning solution for the countertop. You can dust it off and if needed, use a mild cleaning solution or a damp cloth to wipe it clean.
• You can tackle the tub or the shower area with a mild cleaner and scrub the gunk off with a brush or sponge. Use a small brush or a used toothbrush to remove stains and deposits from the faucets. Clean the drain with a circular brush. Wash the shower curtain in the washing machine or as directed in the washing guidelines.
• To clean wall tiles, dampen a soft sponge with an all-purpose bathroom cleaning product and rub away the dirt from the tiles. Next, use a damp cloth to clean and wipe the tiles with a dry rag.
• Apply toilet cleaner and let it stand for a while. Use a flexible brush to clean the toilet bowl so that it reaches even the deepest parts of it. Use water to remove the cleaner. Clean the toilet brush with water and bleach and put it away to dry. Use a cloth soaked in antibacterial solution to wipe away the toilet seat and other exterior parts.
• Ensure you use a broom to clear away any cobwebs from the ceiling and small nooks all around the bathroom such as under the sink and cabinets.
• Dust away the cabinets and its decorative accents. Use a damp cloth to clear away soap or water stains from the cabinets. From time to time, wipe away the towel bars and door knobs with an antibacterial cleaning solution.
• Clear away all hair and dry materials from the floor. Use a mild cleaner to clean the floor surface. Every once in a while, when the floor is not too dirty, you can simply use a sponge and a soapy solution to quickly clean it.