The Toyota highlander is a mid-size family crossover which comes with eight-seater and seven-seater options, with five different trim variants. Here is a comprehensive list of all the essential technical specifications for your reference.
- Engine: The Highlander features a decent V6 3.5L DOHC 24 value with different outputs and torque ratios ranging from the basic to premium models. Additional component includes heavy duty engine cooler, stability control, traction control with a start button and axle ratio of 3.54.
- Transmission: The highlander has a six-speed automatic transmission electronically controlled continuously, with an all-wheel drive option in the premium models.
- Suspension and steering: With front and back anti-roll bar, stabilize bar, front and rear independent suspension, power-assisted rack and pinion steering with a turning radius of 11.9.
- Interior: In terms of comfort and convenience, the Highlander features an advanced voice recognition system for the console, windshield wiper defroster while driving under extreme conditions, remote trunk release system, an interactive 8-inch touchscreen, audio streaming via Bluetooth, steering wheel adjustment with tilt and telescopic wheel.
- Safety: Safety is main priority for the Highlander’s design and thus anti-lock brakes, anti-theft system, brake assist, 4-wheel disc brakes, isofix anchor points for child restraint seats, child protector rear door locks, electronic brake force distribution, height adjustable front seat belts, engine immobilizer, driver and passenger side airbags, with a backup camera.
The vehicle also features key-less entry and remote garage door opener, audio control on the steering wheels, rear view mirror, rear door sunshades, rear seat heater ducts, and map lamps for reading at night. The interior also has FM/AM stereo fixtures, with three zone automatic climate control air-conditioning, a roof mounted antenna for better reception and auxiliary input jack with USB options. With cruise control options, the driver cannot be any more comfortable with decent underfloor cargo storage space, a cargo cover and cargo bed light for the space.
You can always find out more about the different variants of the Toyota Highlander along with technical specifications on the official company website. The Highlander comes in three distinct models including the LE, XLE and Limited which is also categorized according to its subcategory that can be a standard or a hybrid model.