Dentures are not the only solution to your teeth when you are missing any of your teeth. There are several options available to you but most often than not, dentures are the best way to fix the teeth as they cost lesser than implants and the cost can be covered by Medicaid. If looked at the cost of dentures without insurance or any other cover, a denture for the complete set of teeth starts from $600 to $10,000. The price can go higher depending on the quality of dentures. Hence, it’s important to shop for dentures the right way.
To find dentures that are affordable, you can consider many ways:
• Learn about the least or less expensive type of denture – There are many types of dentures you will find are available for lesser than the cost of the most typical and complete denture. For example, a partial denture costs less than a complete denture. Sometimes even half the price of a complete denture
• Use your insurance and/or Medicaid – While there are two options for low-income families, that are, Medicare and Medicaid. But Medicare will not cover the cost of dentures even if it is an emergency. However, Medicaid does cover the dentures cost for you. To avoid any last minute financial crisis, make sure to find the cover you get from Medicaid and insurance
• Dental discount plans – Dental discount plans can prove to be a better alternative than insurance at times. The way to access this facility is by paying yearly fees and you get access to dental care at a reduced cost. You may want to learn about this option and how you can start this yourself. If you don’t have insurance, a dental discount plan can be an alternative. They are also known as dental savings plan and is available to you by many companies
• Do an extensive search for a dentist in your neighborhood and beyond – You can go beyond your area of living and find a dentist who is cheaper than most of them and does a fine job with people’s teeth. You can start by asking your friends and the dentists they go to. You are likely to get many names of dentists from your friends and family, you can search online the reviews and get an idea about the cost from your friends and family
• Look into charitable organization – There are companies that give charity for dental care including dentures. You can contact your local health departments and find out about the available programs near you