Are you looking for a diet plan that is nutritious and easy to follow? The paleo diet is your answer. It’s based on the premise that processed foods and foods eaten by people after the Neolithic Revolution should be avoided. It calls for consuming foods available to Paleolithic humans, such as meat, fruits, nuts, roots, and vegetables. While the food choices available may appear a little limited, there are many ways to prepare paleo diet meals. Here are a few ideas –
- Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon: Packed with protein, this breakfast idea will provide energy to last you for hours.
- Boiled eggs and fruits: Dice your favorite fruits into a bowl and enjoy them before or after your eggs.
- Baked broccoli and eggs: It is similar to a quiche, but without other ingredients.
- Fried mushrooms, eggs, and onions: Scramble them all together and add a few slices of fresh tomatoes for extra flavor.
- Mushrooms, veggies, and avocado: Substitute bread and buns with grilled Portobello mushrooms and sandwich slices of avocado, tomato, and lettuce. Add a serving of scrambled eggs or one or two boiled eggs, if you need extra fuel for your body.
- Lettuce, beef, and veggies: Create a sandwich out of lettuce and slide in a couple of slices of beef and vegetables like potatoes, tomatoes, and beets.
- Chicken salad: Finely chop roast chicken and dice avocados into small chunks. Mix olive oil, lime juice, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and pour the mixture over the chicken and avocado. You can add a few leaves of lettuce as well for more vitamins and minerals.
- Burgers and veggies: Skip the bun and fry a couple of burgers. Enjoy with a serving of vegetables and salsa.
- Lemon and herb chicken: It’s a simple recipe that uses chicken breasts, lemon juice, and dried herbs. It is usually served with diced vegetables.
- Baked salmon: Bake salmon and add extra flavor with lemon juice and thyme. You may season it with ground pepper.
- Beef, carrots, and mushrooms: Cut beef into cubes, brown them and cook in the oven in beef stock for three hours. Roast the carrots and mushrooms and serve them with the beef.
- Stuffed bell peppers: You can use any meat as the stuffing, including beef, chicken, and turkey.
- Roast chicken and mushroom soup: This is a filling meal and the leftovers can easily be used for breakfast and even lunch the next day.
There are many ways to create paleo diet meals and these are just a few examples. Despite simple ingredients, these meals are incredibly nutritious to keep you going the entire day. You can add your spin to the recipes above or create entirely new meals. For snacks, you can try nuts, kale chips, berry shakes, carrot sticks, and olives. Have them between meals to stave off cravings. Stick to the paleo diet and you will notice a change in your energy levels and your weight loss plan if any.