The term ‘breakfast’ literally stands for breaking the fast which is the long duration gap after dinner. When you are having the first meal of the day, it is for you to ensure that you are eating a healthy and nutritious meal. Cereals, high fiber ones especially, loaded with minerals, vitamins, and proteins, are the best way to start your morning. They are quick to make and is common among children, working people as well as athletes. There are many types of cereals available in the market. Before choosing, it would be wise to check which one would be healthy and tasty at the same time. It is not that you will have cereals in all the meals throughout the day, but only in the breakfast, so ensuring the best high-fiber cereal is essential. If you incorporate the high-fiber cereals in your daily routine, you would soon get results in your high-fiber diet.
The following are some of the cereals that are rich in fiber and make a healthy and tasty breakfast!
• Kellogg’s raisin bran: It is a favorite cereal among most people. Most importantly, it is high in fiber as well as protein and is low in fat. They have tender sugar-coated raisins that taste delicious. It has a high sugar content rate, so consumption must be limited.
• Kellogg’s all-bran buds: It holds as much as 36 grams of fiber in one cup, the highest rate of fiber content among all cereals. It also provides B-6 and B-12 vitamins along with 6 grams of protein per cup. It tastes excellent, but the sugar content is 24 grams per cup which is a bit high.
• General mills fibre one: The fiber content is 28 grams per cup of the cereal. It has no sugar in it, which is an additional benefit if your aim is to reduce weight and control sugar intake.
• Cascadian farms hearty morning: It contains granola, whole grains, and barn. With 8 grams of fiber per cup, it keeps you, as the name suggests, hearty till late afternoon or till lunch.
• Grape nuts: It contains 14 grams of fiber and is equally rich in vitamins and proteins. It tastes great and is a quality product.
• Familia Swiss muesli: It contains 10 grams of fiber and is a very healthy cereal to begin your mornings with, as they are rich in protein as well, weighing 12 grams per cup. However, the sugar content of this cereal is on the higher side. Thus consumption should be moderate and not over the board.
• Cascadian farms multi-grain squares: As the name suggests, it contains various grains like corn, rice, and whole wheat. They are high in fiber and also in protein. The cereal comes in small squares, which are an additional attraction if you want your kids to have cereals.
Add your favourite cereal to a bowl of milk and ensure a nutritious breakfast every single day.