Buying furniture is a huge investment and at the same time, it is time-consuming. On occasions, purchasing furniture can take a huge hit on your finances. Moreover, you might have to incur miscellaneous expenses related to delivery charges or installment. If you are facing a financial crunch, then you can try rent-to-own furniture. Rent-to-own is nothing but leasing furniture for a stipulated period. It can be ideal for both short-term and long-term use. Here are some benefits of choosing rent-to-own furniture.
- Inexpensive – Good-quality furniture often comes with hefty price tags. The biggest advantage of rent-to-own furniture is getting quality furniture within your budget. Moreover, leasing furniture can save you from making hasty decisions. For instance, if you have recently moved to a new city and have limited resources, you might settle for low-quality furniture. This might be quite inconvenient in the long run. As an alternative, renting furniture will give you enough time to collect some money to buy your own.
- Minimal accountability – Owning furniture means that you have to be responsible for its maintenance too, which at times can be an expensive affair. Thankfully, most rent-to-own furniture businesses take care of the maintenance. So, if something goes wrong, you can immediately call them, and they will repair or replace it. However, it is important to remember that every rent-to-own company will have their terms and conditions regarding damage caused due to irresponsibility.
- Short-term convenience – If you are moving to a place for a few months or just a year, then it makes more sense to lease furniture than to buy it. For example, if you have moved for work, you might just require a bed, a desk and a few chairs in your apartment. Purchasing furniture will be a waste of your resources. Furthermore, when you are moving back, managing the sale or hauling of this furniture can get unnecessarily cumbersome. Instead, opting for rent-to-own furniture will be more affordable and reliable.
- Flexibility – Some consumers might frequently like to experiment with their interior style. Purchasing new furniture every year might not be monetarily feasible, however, you can avail this option when you are using rent-to-own furniture. Some businesses allow you to upgrade your furniture in every few months. However, this option might be only accessible to clients who are a part of the one-year renting contract.
The following are some of the popular rent-to-own furniture stores.
- Atlantic Bedding and Furniture
- ColorTyme Rent-to-Own
- Sears Lease It
- Conn’s Home Plus
- Kmart’s Lease-and-Go
- Buddy’s Home Furnishings